Email applications containing your CV and a cover letter, stating why you are interested in a role, to email@example.com
Traceability Support Officer (Part-time)
The Traceability Support Officer will engage with our clients to facilitate the effective use of our seafood traceability platform. This will require working closely with fishing companies, fish processors, and Government agencies.
This role is ideal for a Graduate Marine Science/Affairs student with good communication skills interested in fisheries and seafood traceability who is also tech savvy. It will require working odd hours at the fisheries wharf during fishing vessel landings.
We are looking for an honest, reliable, and proactive individual who can work effectively under minimum supervision and is physically capable of working around fishing vessels and processing facilities. You must have your own laptop.
- Providing remote and on-site client support and training on the use of our web and mobile traceability platform.
- Participating in the development and testing of products as they are made available on our platform.
- Proactively engaging with clients to increase their usage of our platform.
- Providing weekly reports on activities and issues arising.
This role is based in Suva, Fiji, for a period of 12 weeks initially, working up to 20 hours per week, with the possibility of an extension. An attractive hourly rate and allowances will be offered.
We are looking for final year or Graduate students with Computing Science or Information Systems majors who are interested in a paid internship with our tech start-up.
- Web and mobile application development
- Software quality assurance testing
- Software documentation and training
- Project management
The internship will involve up to 20 hours a week for an initial period of 6 weeks and will mostly consist of you working remotely on assigned tasks together with weekly face-to-face meetings with our team in Suva, Fiji.
This is a great opportunity to be mentored by an experienced ICT professional with a decade of experience in the Pacific region.